A number of excavations were opened up within the compressor station to allow for sections of pipe coating to be assessed. Due to the location and complexity of the excavations JAS researched the option of using ‘no dig’ technology and sub contracted Vac-Ex to carry out the excavation works. JAS worked hand in hand with National Grid PMC to deliver this project successfully over a period of approximately 18 months.
As part of this Project JAS were responsible for:
- The Health and Safety Requirements and Management Plan, the Environmental Management Plan and the Employers Standards, Specifications and Procedures and all Legislation.
- Fulfilling the role of Principal Contractor
- Project Management- including organisation, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Project Service provision including Planning, Scheduling, and Cost Control, documentation control, management and secretarial support.
- Supplying, maintaining and operating adequate welfare facilities for all personnel working on the project.
- Overseeing the installation of scaffold habitats to facilitate media blasting and recoating of 36” High Pressure Gas Pipework.
- Scaffold access/ egress into various excavations.
- Liaising with National Grid Technicians and Coating Inspector.
- The installation, maintenance & removal of any temporary site access roadways (where instructed), including all necessary protection of existing 3rd party services/ utilities.
- The procurement and installation of all temporary and permanent civil materials required for the construction of the various supports.
- The removal of all temporary works on completion of the project.
- Demobilisation/ site clearance.
- Risk Assessments and Method Statements.
- Interface with the Employer’s representatives.