National Grid identified the need to replace the existing sewage treatment system at the Bacton gas terminal to provide a more reliable system sized to suit current onsite staff numbers. The work involved the installation of a sewage treatment plant, blower kiosk unit and vent stack pipework. The existing redundant Oxigest Module A unit sewage plant was made safe and the existing redundant foul drainage pipework decommissioned.
As part of this Project JAS were responsible for:
- The Health and Safety Requirements and Management Plan, the Environmental Management Plan and the Employers Standards, Specifications and Procedures and all Legislation.
- Fulfilling the role of Principal Contractor
- Project Management- including organisation, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Project Service provision including Planning, Scheduling, and Cost Control, documentation control, management and secretarial support.
- Supplying, maintaining and operating adequate welfare facilities for all personnel working on the project as well as providing temporary Welfare facilities for the whole terminal whilst the new unit was installed and commissioned.
- Engaging the services of a specialist contractor to assist with the installation of a 10mtr x 4mtr x 3mtr deep cofferdam.
- Scaffold access/ egress into cofferdam.
- Supplying and managing the relevant lifting equipment to offload and install the Klargester unit into position below ground.
- The installation, maintenance & removal of any temporary site access roadways (where instructed), including all necessary protection of existing 3rd party services/ utilities.
- The removal of all temporary works on completion of the project.
- Demobilisation/ site clearance.
- Risk Assessments and Method Statements.
- Interface with the Employer’s representatives.