Nearly all of the heat exchangers on the site had reached the end of their serviceable life and therefore needed to be removed and pressure tested. Some of the heat exchangers were re-installed while others were replaced with spool pieces.
To facilitate the removal of the heat exchangers approved temporary supports needed to be constructed to support the pipe work either side of the heat exchangers. Where spools were installed, then permanent pipe supports were constructed under the spool.
As part of this Project JAS were responsible for:
- The Health and Safety Requirements and Management Plan, the Environmental Management Plan and the Employers Standards, Specifications and Procedures and all Legislation.
- Fulfilling the role of Principal Contractor
- Project Management- including Project Organisation, Sub-Contractors and Suppliers.
- Project Service provision including Planning, Scheduling, and Cost Control, documentation control, management and secretarial support.
- Supplying, maintaining and operating adequate welfare facilities for all personnel working on the project.
- Supplying and managing the relevant lifting equipment to offload deliveries of the spool pieces and heat exchangers, and all lifting activities associated with the removal/reinstallation of the heat exchangers, spool pieces and local water pipework.
- The installation, maintenance & removal of any temporary site access roadways (where instructed), including all necessary protection of existing 3rd party services/ utilities.
- The procurement and installation of all temporary and permanent civil materials required for the construction of the various supports.
- The removal of all temporary works on completion of the project.
- Demobilisation/ site clearance.
- The Preparation of construction records. Final As Built drawings (Red Line mark-up)
- Risk Assessments and Method Statements.
- Interface with the Employer’s representatives.