The term ILI refers to In Line Inspection by pigging of the pipeline (Pig is a generic term signifying any independent, self-contained device, tool, or vehicle that is inserted into and moves through the interior of a pipeline for inspecting, dimensioning, or cleaning. These tools are commonly referred to as ‘pigs’ because of the occasional squealing noises that can be heard as they travel through the pipe.)
JAS will dig to expose an identified fault on the live gas pipeline to allow a physical inspection of the identified area to take place.
AS part of these works JAS were responsible for:
- The Health and Safety Requirements and Management Plan, the Environmental Management Plan and the Employers Standards, Specifications and Procedures and all Legislation.
- Fulfilling the role of Principal Contractor
- Project Management- including organisation, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Project Service provision including Planning, Scheduling, and Cost Control, documentation control, management and secretarial support.
- Supplying, maintaining and operating adequate welfare facilities for all personnel working on the project
- Excavating to expose pipeline
- Engaging the services of specialist contractors as maybe required
- Managing temporary works
- The installation, maintenance & removal of any temporary site access roadways (where instructed), including all necessary protection of existing 3rd party services/ utilities.
- The removal of all temporary works on completion of the project.
- Demobilisation/ site clearance.
- Risk Assessments and Method Statements.
- Interface with the Employer’s representatives.