The works involved the removal and replacement of 3 non return valves and associated pipework on the National Grid Compressor Station at Carnforth.
As part of this project JAS were responsible for:
- The Health and Safety Requirements and Management Plan, the Environmental Management Plan and the Employers Standards, Specifications and Procedures and all Legislation.
- Fulfilling the role of Principal Contractor
- Project Management- including organisation, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Project Service provision including Planning, Scheduling, and Cost Control, documentation control, management and secretarial support.
- Supplying, maintaining and operating adequate welfare facilities for all personnel working on the project
- Supplying and managing the relevant lifting equipment to lift and replace the non-return valves
- The installation, maintenance & removal of any temporary site access roadways (where instructed), including all necessary protection of existing 3rd party services/ utilities.
- The removal of all temporary works on completion of the project.
- Demobilisation/ site clearance.
- Risk Assessments and Method Statements.
- Interface with the Employer’s representatives.